Monday, March 2, 2015

Kitchen play sets

My boys sure love their play kitchen, and prepare the most delightful dishes every day. Well, I guess they take after their granny :-) So for Christmas, I made them some kitchen equipment and supplies. Besides crocheting some food items (which I will show you another day ;-)), I sewed two sets of aprons, oven mitts and dish towels. Of course I made a mistake in only sewing one oven mitt for each boy. L asked me sternly if he was supposed to burn his other hand?! Silly me. For now, they'll have to take turns using the oven mitts, but in the long run, I guess I'll have to sew two more...

Kitchen play sets | Twice the fun

Fortunately I still have a piece left of that funny
Alexander Henry "Snappy Snacks" fabric. I might even squeeze out the pieces for two chef's hats...

For the patterns, I looked at a gazillion different tutorials for aprons and oven mitts on Pinterest. I finally settled on the oven mitt pattern at 6.5st patterns and the apron pattern at peek-a-boo pattern shop, but modified the construction on both. The dish towels are just rectangles that I hemmed with the rolled hem foot. Now that's a technique I'll have to practice a little more...

No comments: