Thursday, February 26, 2015

Some selfish sewing...

... and it's not even Selfish Sewing Week yet ;-) But as I won't be around for SSW (and let's be honest, I probably wouldn't get beyond planning stage anyway, as usual), I'm celebrating my own selfish sewing week right now.

I finished a Julia cardigan from Mouse House Creations yesterday, using MyMandala jersey knit in pink from the Elephant Love Collection by Hamburger Liebe (for Hilco).


Would you believe that I bought the fabric
on Monday? Pre-washed it right away, cut it on Tuesday, sewed it yesterday, wore it last night. That must be a first for me - I usually have my fabric lying around for a couple of weeks (or months) before I actually cut into it. But I'm trying to get rid of that habit, and I must say: I like it :-)

The pattern and instructions are perfect - very easy to assemble and cut, with clear and detailed instructions. While the cutting took me a while because I wanted the pattern to match and did quite some fussy cutting, once everything was cut, it all came together really quickly. I'm planning on making at least one more of these, but probably not before our holiday. The extended cap sleeve version is really tempting, and I'm thinking of a lightweight striped jersey knit for a summery version. We'll see...

No comments: