Friday, October 24, 2014

Long time no sew...

... or rather long time no blog. I actually did a little sewing, I just couldn't get myself to sit down at the computer and write. Again, there are so many things I want to work on, design, create, research and write that I can't get beyond the stage of sorting through everything again and again, trying to find somewhere to start. Is procrastination an art in itself? Then add that to my hobbies ;-)

But this week is different. It's Kid's Clothes Week again! Since I missed the last season *sniff*, I've been really looking forward to this one. I had everything planned out in advance and was able to start cutting on Monday! Whoohoo!!!

kid's clothes week

I've finished a
new set of hats and neckwarmers for both of my boys (but haven't taken pictures yet). And I've cut two plain white shirts that I'm just about to applique with some Eric Carle style sweets and the number 3 that I painted and cut yesterday. Whoa, my baby boys will be 3 in December!

Birthday shirts ready to applique and sew | Twice the fun


It wouldn't be me if there wasn't another project I'm tackling at the same time. I've started cutting two cuddly fleece jackets. I'll call them my "Now Or Never Jackets". I bought the fabrics last year, and just to be on the safe side added a few centimeters to my order. Turns out that with this year's size (104), the fabric would be juuuuuuust enough. I managed to squeeze all pieces onto the fabric, and all that was left was a handful of appliqueable foxes for keeping and a tiny, tiny pile of tiny, tiny scraps (see lower right corner):

Now Or Never Jacket no 1 ready to sew | Twice the fun

It was barely a handful. This definitely is a first, I usually have a little fabric left for my scrap drawer. Now there a just some cutouts for my applique box. I take that as a good sign. I have the same fabric in green, traced and ready to be cut, and some really soft and cuddly fleece for the lining. I haven't got a clue as to how I'm supposed to trace the patterns, I've tried each and every fabric marking tool I have in my sewing box (and that's quite a range I've collected over time). Maybe I'll just lay the pattern down and hope for the best while cutting... Or maybe I'll spend some more time on Pinterest, looking for instructions? That sounds like a good idea to me - gotta go now, see ya...

No comments: